Scripture Union‘ s stated mission is to help young people know and walk with God
Our heartbeat is reaching young pepole with the gospel message and raising them up to have a passionate, lifegiving relationship with Jesus. We do this in a variety of ways: camps, holiday clubs, schools ministry, leadership deveoplment and lifeskills programmes. We seek to enable young people with contextual ministry to become flourishing disciples of Christ who will lead the next generation on this same mission.
There are many needs in our society and we believe the gospel wholistically addresses these needs for young people in every suburb, school, and home in South Africa.
Opportunities for short- or long-term involvement
There are various ways in which to engage in our ministry:
- VOLUNTEERS: Young people can serve as volunteer leaders on camps, holiday clubs and schools ministry. It is a great way to reach out and engage in ministry as well as an opportunity to learn and develop ministry skills.
- TRENDSETTERS: In 2021 we will have a non-residential year-of-your-life team of Trendsetters. We are looking for six young, passionate, excited Christians who will work closely with our staff team in their work in schools, holiday clubs and camps. They will be equipped with ministry skills, intentionally discipled, and stretched for growth. It will be a life changing experience.
- SINAWE: The Sinawe Schools Programme Scripture Union’s response to the desperate needs that have arisen is schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Sinawe Schools Workers dedicate themselves to one or two local schools by supporting the social, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of the learners and teachers. This is a Department of Education approved programme and we have seen amazing thus far. We are wanting to expand the work in 2021 and need more workers.
Prayer or other support
SU loves the local church and we exist to support her. But we also need your partnership. Please would you pray for us with the following in mind:
- Expansion of the Sinawe Schools Programme
- Adapting to ministry needs of young people as they come out of COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Developing and
We also need to raise the funds to make ministry possible. Most of our support comes from individual supports who partner with us to expand our ministry. Please consider joining hands with us.
If you have a heart for gospel mission, want to grow personally and have a passion to serve God with your gifts then we are open for 2021 applications. Anyone between the ages of 18-28 can apply. Fill in the online application at https://forms.gle/U7FGaPu7da8VYbQQA
If you would like more information about the programme or would like to visit our Western Cape Office to meet our staff then please contact Celest on (021) 6898331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make 2021 really count! #WeAreSU #Trendsetter #YearOfYourLife